The ways in which children and youth can be supported are vast and varied. Likewise, the Decatur Education Foundation works in many different ways.
At the heart of what the Foundation does are two kinds of efforts — removing obstacles and fueling student achievement. These two kinds of efforts extend to a number of activities:
- We award an array of grants to teachers who have inventive ideas to engage and inspire students
- We apply for and administer grants from corporations, foundations and individuals to expand learning opportunities
- We partner with organizations to bring special programming to children and youth
- We work with families and individuals to create and manage college scholarship funds for graduating seniors
- We close a gap or provide a missing piece to a student or family in need.
One other important point: While the Foundation is an independent non-profit organization, it is really an extension of the community. Our work is the work of the people of Decatur as well as those outside our city who invest in the potential of our children and youth.
If you would like to help advance the work of the Decatur Education Foundation, please make a gift. >